Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Nearest Book

There is something going around the internet, though I haven't seen it on a quilt blog yet. It's a "nearest book" game whose rules are:

* Grab the nearest book.
* Open it to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.

From "Practicing Resurrection" by Nora Gallagher
"I asked Dickie how long he'd be willing to stay, how late Kit might be cremated, if I got a signature."

I feel compelled to say that just prior to this her brother had passed away from cancer. The local doctor refused to sign a death certificate since he was not Kit's doctor.

This book was close by since I have been reading it on my lunch breaks.

No comments: