Friday, May 07, 2010

Designing Fabric

One of my blogging friends mentioned that she didn't know I had designed fabrics. I have a couple of my designs currently available on SpoonFlower.  I want you to click and see my favorite design at this point.  That link will also get you to a place where you can purchase some of this for your very own. It is a 4 ounce quilting weight cotton that is very smooth and soft.

I had previously blogged about this fabric. So here is a picture of the actual fabric from that blog post:


The other design I have available is this one:














These two are currently available to purchase.
I have two other designs that are in the process of being printed.  Once I receive them and approve them for printing, they will also be available for YOU to purchase. (and GOOD NEWS: I got word that they shipped today, so it will be about a week or less!) I will make a small profit on them -which will go toward being able to have more of my designs made available.  
I would love for one of the wonderful fabric companies that make our lovely quilting fabric to ask me to design for them.  I have some blenders and variations of my fabrics designed and waiting until I can either afford to print them on SpoonFlower OR someone takes that chance on me.  If you know anyone who you can direct my way,  I would certainly appreciate any assistance in reaching this goal.

8 comments:

Pat said...

Those prints are very nice, Gene. I wish I knew of someone in that line of work who could offer you the chance to do some designs for them. I know if you can get with one of the major fabric houses, the cost for people to buy your fabric would be a lot lower than it is to buy it from Spoonflower. GREAT job on these two!!!

luv2quilt2 said...

They're beautiful fabrics. I wish I knew someone who could help you get them produced.

Rhonda said...

WOW.....once again, Gene...you're the man of a thousand talents....that fabric is great.

Barb said...

YOu know how much I love that fabric....

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Interesting designs and love the colors! Good luck with your endeavor!

ooglebloops said...

Ah, you did do it!! They are gorgeous - I especially like the top one!!!

quiltmom anna said...

Gene- you are one talented guy- the fabric is gorgeous- I love the luscious colors you used; especially in the top one. I hope you are able to get them published commercially - they would look great in many people's quilts.
Do you have a favorite medium in which you create? Good for you to feed your creative talents- you are making the world a more beautiful place.
Regards,
Anna

www.welovequilting.com said...

Dang it.. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!