Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Was I missing? I didn't realize it.

I hear that I have been absent. Ooops. I have been a bit busy with life in general. I was glad to know someone missed me. (you know who you are!) And if you missed me and didn't tell me...that is okay too.

I have been working on some commission quilts that I won't post till they are finished (if at all.)

Other than that, I made this week's Jelly Roll Quilt Along block (ppsssst look over there ---see the button? Uh..down a bit..under the Followers!) Here it is. I have made them all - seven so far.

QuiltAlong Block7
I have made them all - seven so far. This is good for me. I made a star block. (well it is kind of a star isn't it?) I don't like all those points so this is an accomplishment. Guess what? I love the way it turned out. I think I messed on on either the seam allowances OR the cutting. it is a bit smaller than the previous blocks. (oops - I will fix it somehow!)

I also got s nice bunch of small paper pieced log cabin squares from another blogger. (thanks Kate!)
Little Logs
There are more there than it looks. I am considering making several table runners and just using a row of these across each end. That is, unless I come up with a layout from them that rocks my socks.

But not tonight, I am exhausted. At work we did a simulation or exercise. I was in the sun all day and had to do more manual labor than I am used to doing. Right now I am yawning and wondering if I will make to till 8 pm before I crash (it is 6:25 pm now.) So forgive me for not being too funny AND for the mistakes I am sure are in this post. I am one whipped puppy tonite.

7 comments:

Pat said...

I like your block. You can always put a teeny tiny border around it if it's undersized. Glad you posted. Get some rest...sounds like you need it!

luv2quilt2 said...

I like the block, and the colors you've used. I haven't made this one yet, but I'm up-to-date otherwise. Hope you get a good night's rest.

Jandi said...

I'm with Pat, borders fix everything.

ooglebloops said...

It's nice to know when people are missing from blogland, they are busy creating! Love those log cabin squares.

Anonymous said...

The star looks great! Are you *really* following instructions with these?! The little log cabin blocks will make nice projects!

Vesuviusmama said...

Glad to hear from you, even if you are tired. Love your "star" block. Hey, wait, are all the blocks supposed to come out the same size? Hmmm, no wonder I have so many troubles, mine NEVER do!

Elizabeth said...

That block is really fantastic! Love the colors! I opted not to do the jelly roll sampler, but am thinking I might go back and do catch-up. Too many projects, not enough time.