Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Recent Purchases and an Announcement - The Winner is....

First off my purchases: There is a tale to tell with these.   I stopped in a local shop...well not exactly local...but local to a friend I was visiting.  They also have a location in my area. But the other one has Home Dec and upholstery fabrics.   I had some spare time so I went back in that area.  I was in the back corner...no windows nearby.  I had just decided on some fun fabrics to play with when Thump!  ZzzzzT.  The lights went out.  I was IN THE DARKNESS.    I decided to go toward the light.  Ha ha.  I found the guy that could cut my fabric, but he was on the phone calling about the lights.  (and anyway, he couldn't cut it in the dark!) Finally the emergency lights came on and he offered assistance.   I got the four home dec fabrics shown on the left.  I got a DEAL!  They were 99 cents a yard clearance stuff.  There are two yards of the colorful stuff in the back and a yard each of the black/gray and purple stuff.  I have no clue what I will make with them, but they will be fun to play with.  I love the colorful stuff with the stars and shells on it. 













The other three on the right are some pieces I got to use with the commission quilts I am making..if they go with it. If not they are stash builders...like I needed some! yikes.


Say what?  you want to know about the winner?  I hope some of you remember the Follow Nick giveaway I announced back in April.  I know a few of you do. Ha ha.  I did a couple of reminder posts also.  

Is the tension killing you yet?


Golf ball critter is one of the prizes. 

And some fabric 

And some of my art on notecards.




Who won?  Well We took the list of commenters and compared it to the folks who are following Nick  A list was made from the ones that matched and Random.org picked a winner. 
I know , I am just killing you, huh?

Pat from "A Little of this and a little of Pat" is the winner.   I have already notified her of her good luck.  Her prize will be in the mail in about a week - or as soon as I can get it packaged and sent!
Yaay Pat! Give her a big round of applause. 

7 comments:

Pat said...

YAY!!! I'm really happy to win that cute little golf ball critter and the notecards and fabric. I also enjoy following Nick, so this was all good!!! AND...WHOA....99 cents a yard for fabric?? That is a SUPER deal!!!

Nancy said...

Yay pat!!

Barb said...

Congrats to Pat....

You did get a good deal on that fabric!!

Anonymous said...

I also love the fabric on the left -- very colorful! I'm assuming these fabrics are a heavier weight, quite a bargain at the price per yard on clearance. It will be interesting to see what you do with them. Congratulations to Pat -- she's always lucky!

Rhonda said...

Hi Gene....I finished the beltbuckle quilt top...so take a look....
And here's a little ribbing from me...I hear that Barb has challenged to you show your sewing area....hehehehehehehehe....so it's showtime Gene....! If anyone asked...Barb put me up to this!!!

Unknown said...

ya know? i always wondered what that little ball critter thingy was on pat's blog, but was too lazy to click on it........maybe i should tune in more often.....gee

Fleurette said...

Congrats Pat!
Lovely fabric, what a bargain!