Sunday, May 09, 2010

My Mom

I am a super lucky guy.  I have one of the best moms in the world.  Forever she has loved everything I make and give to her - and some of those have been pretty hideous.  I don't have a photo from this year, but here is a purse I made for her two years ago.

I put the yellow in the center since bright yellow is her favorite color. The bag is mostly black and white and then I used all three primary colors so it would go with most things. I has nice big pockets inside (and one small one) to keep stuff separated.  The lining is a light color so that things are easy to find. 

Another present I gave her is a lap quilt.  She really liked it when I showed it to her, so I waited till Christmas and gave it to her.  It is a disappearing nine patch with piano keys for the border. 


It is on the back of her sofa.  However, she keeps the patchwork turned to the sofa.  The backing fabric is navy and teal in a geometric pattern. That is what you see when you go to her house. Ha ha. I wonder if she is 'saving' the front so it doesn't get dirty?

10 comments:

Bunny said...

I am sure your Mom is so proud of you and all your work. I know when my children give me anything I just love it. Hope your day is fabulous.

luv2quilt2 said...

I'm sure your mother loves everything you've made for her. Just the fact that you made it for her gives it a special value that other things don't have.

Petit Design Co. said...

LOL! She probably wants to keep it clean.

Hey do you remember what quilt block size we are making for tomorrow? I have written down 2 4x8 blocks in scrappy, is this right?

Tangos Treasures said...

Mom's are like that!!
Both gifts are pretty!

Micki said...

Your mom sounds very special. What a lovely bag you made her. I know she must be so proud of you!
Micki

quiltmom anna said...

Barb wrote a post about all the treasures she made for her mother and how she kept them all- Moms like to do that -I am sure your mom loves all your gifts. My mom keeps all the things her children make- even the ones that are not to her taste.
Your last comment about trying to keep the quilt clean is too cute.
Hope your mom has a fabulous Mother's Day.
Regards,
Anna

Barb said...

What sweet gifts for your mom, I know she just loves them.....

Pat said...

Lovely gifts for your mom. Hey...I want you to make ME a purse that goes with everything...I hate changing purses!!! LOL

Kim D. said...

Nice purse and lovely quilt for your mom. I bet she's proud of everything you make. My mom was like that as well.

Dena said...

As a mother, I know you mom is very proud of you and all the beautiful things you've made for her. You do lovely work.