Saturday, January 15, 2011

LCQA Block 6 and more Vacation pictures

The Layer Cake Quilt Along (LCQA) is going nicely.  Instead of a layer cake, I am using a Fat Quarter collection from Connecting Threads.  The collection is called Golden Afternoon.  It is a collection of lovely warm reds, yellows, greens, browns and blues. Not much blue, but enough to make me happy.  (Because, as you know, I love a little blue in everything.) 
Block #6 is by Toby  Lischko.  Here is my version of the block.

See the nice little bit of blue in there?  Yeah, that makes me happy.

So while in Mexico, I got in a bit a a jam!   As you can see in the picture below it was a real JAM.  See that giant jam jar?  There I am right in it. 


Okay okay,  it was a bit of trick photography...but we were having a good time.  I knew you would want to see this huge vase. It is a shame there weren't flowers in it, instead of an old "gene weed" Ha ha. 

After seeing the flamingos we rested in this nice shady courtyard.  Then we were off to find some lunch.  Having been there before we knew where to go - Nicte-Ha (pronounced nic tay HA.) The name is Mayan for "Water Lily"  This little restaurant backs up almost to the beach and the fish comes in daily from the local fishermen. This is right in Celestun, Mexico. 
I had the fresh fish fillet in garlic sauce. (filete de pescado al mojo de ajo) It was yummy!  I did not have a cervaza (beer) but maybe I should have. Ha ha. 


10 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL love it all!!

Petit Design Co. said...

just the name of that dish is making me drool!

Unknown said...

I had some cervaza at my local mexican eatery, ewwww is all I can say. It's worse than our beer. ewwww....haha

luv2quilt2 said...

Your block looks great - I haven't made mine yet. Sounds like you had a good time and good food in Mexico.

Barb said...

Not such a bad jam to be in if someone would feed and water you every day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm also a blue lover, and that bit of blue in your block really adds the finishing touch!

Pat said...

What a FUN photo of you in that "jam jar"!!!

Cyndi said...

That block is very interesting...very artsy and creative - I like it!

Okay, so at first I thought you were really in the jar and was trying to figure out: 1) how you got in there, and 2) how you got back out! I am soooo gullible! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Miss Hillbilly said...

LOL, you probably are always getting yourself into Jams of some sort.

I like blue too. I am working on an all blue quilt. Only I am doing something you would run from...I am doing stitchery. I can't believe it. I decided to pick it up and try it...and I kind of like it. But, not as much as that bright crown of Jewels quilt along with jewel tones...lots of blue. Blue is a comfort color don't you think? I do!

El jefecito said...

the restaurant is of my grandfather :)