Saturday, June 09, 2012

Got it Covered

When I started on the art piece, I was using a different hand dyed fabric.  But I made a big GOOF!  I forgot to add the fusible interfacing to the back of it.  I noticed that it seemed to be puckering but I plowed on.
When I got the basic machine work done on it, I took it to the ironing board and ironed it. OOPS!  Those puckers made for some wrinkles that would not go away.
So I started over.

I kept thinking I needed to try to rescue that yummy fabric and pretty stitching.  (((IDEA!)))  I needed a nice cover for my Kindle.  So I cut a piece and started my usual "just wing it" thing.
Here is how it came out:

Front

Back

inside
Not perfect - not nearly, but it is pretty and it makes me happy. I will probably try to perfect my pattern and make a few more.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Great save Gene! The cover looks perfect...

emmy said...

I don't see any puckers. It looks great. I sometimes iron embroidery items on a terry cloth towel when there's a 'bubble'.

Frog Quilter said...

Quilters sure know how resurrect a project. Looks lovely.

Pat said...

It looks TERRIFIC to me, Gene! Good job!

Royce said...

I love this cover the stitching is great

magicmoonmusings said...

This looks beautiful! I don't see any puckers/buckling, you did a great job 'rescuing' this piece :)

beaquilter said...

this is lovely! I've seen patterns at connecting threads, but sounds like you made this up? I have one of their portfolio patterns that I make ALOT! but never thought of actually using some of the decorative stitches my machine can do, on these, yours look awesome!

Barbara said...

It's so cool that you salvaged what felt like a mistake and made a useful thing that you appreciate everyday!