Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Update on the Handwork/Art Piece

I thought I would show you the progress I have made. I also thought I would show you a bit more of the piece.  This is pretty much the entire thing.

Tuesday evening, I decided to add more machine couched threads and more decorative machine stitches.  In doing so, I broke up some of the larger areas. Those were the places I kept looking at thinking "I will never fill in all these places."  Now it looks quite manageable.
There are a couple of places where I am considering taking out some of my stitches and adding something else there.  (yes I am seriously thinking about pulling out those hand stitches!)
Only time will tell.

I must mention that this piece looks very much like a landscape to me.  It has the essence of one of my paintings.  So, changing the medium doesn't necessarily change the artistic outcome. It merely gives it a new form of expression.

9 comments:

Barb said...

It does looks like a landscape picture and I have to say that it is wonderful, very soothing.

Tangos Treasures said...

Love how its turning out!!

SeeingStars said...

I've enjoyed your progress on this piece. The curving lines do lend themselves to a hilly landscape, which is pleasing to the eye with its gentle curves. I like the variety of stitches, colors and textures.

Jodi said...

Very, VERY nice, Gene. I also like the look of your blog header - i'm thinking it's new, or maybe I just haven't been paying attention!

Unknown said...

I love this so much! It looks like a naif landscape painting. Bravo, Gene!

Snoodles said...

Gorgeous! It does look like a landscape...I love seeing this. Great job - you are rocking this project!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Gene....I love it. I like the colors and the stitches. You can add it to something else too. You know me....I love the hand stitches :)

Kelly

JJ said...

Very nice, I can't wait to see the finished project.

magicmoonmusings said...

Gorgeous! You're right that it's landscape-like. I find many subjects/themes that I like often show up in my work in unexpected ways, too.