Monday, February 02, 2015

It is a Mystery Quilt

Perhaps now it is not so much a mystery.  One of my blogging friends, Susan,  is doing this Facebook group mystery quilt - Gyleen's Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles. I was interested and got started on it.  I would send you there but the clues have been removed as each new one is posted.  The good news is that the quilt will be in Gyleen's book that should be out this fall.

You may have seen my earlier "mess" as I was starting on this.  There is still a bag of scraps and bits but now I have this!
It is much more square than the photo implies.  I hung it on my vertical blinds to take the picture as it is quite rainy here today.

I have the next clue and I need to do a LOT of 2 1/2" squares to make the next part.

So far I am loving it.  Honestly I could quit now and make a lovely table topper out of this. But I will carry on and make a quilt.

My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

7 comments:

Susan said...

I love it, Gene! Those white and red cobblestone blocks really pop!

suemac said...

Isn't wonderful to use up scraps.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I love what you've done so far, especially the center.

Barbara said...

I like mystery projects. You go, guy!

Beth said...

Love the fabrics, so much fun to look at all the great scraps.

Barb said...

I have not done a mystery quilt, it does look like fun...so carry on!

kathyinozarks said...

looks like you will be able to use up lots of scraps. I love this so far too-have fun