Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Mystery Quilt Update

While making the Gyleen's  Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles quilt,  I goofed and filled in blanks that were to be filled later. Ha ha.  Many of you know I don't follow patterns well.
So I had to improvise to make it work.  Of course, I could have used the seam ripper and risked ripping up some of the pieces.  I didn't like that idea since I was already behind.

So here is where I went with it
The corners are supposed to have two of the blocks (that in mine are white/red) butted against one another.  It does frame the corners better that way, but --well this is mine and I like it.  
Some company, okay, Apple Computers,  uses the catchphrase "Think different!"   Apparently, I do.


My blog is http://blog.geneblack.com
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I like it Gene, very balanced-I like the outer row with the blocks that pick up those 4 white blocks in the previous row-hope that mde sense lol

Susan said...

Hey, whatever works! I do love the white and red cobblestones!

suemac said...

Looks like you used up lots of lovely scraps.

Lynn said...

It makes yours unique. I think it looks great!

Barb said...

A rebel with a cause....looks wonderful!

Marie said...

I love Barb's response and I agree with her. You can always make each thing we do our very own!! Have a beautiful day. Hugs and Blessings, Marie