Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Busy busy busy!

Life has been interesting lately.  I have a lot going on - some of it good- some not so good.

So let's talk about the good stuff.  Although I have had very little creative play time, I have managed to sneak in some weaving and spinning.
This piece is actually off the loom, but I need to tie the ends and wet finish it so that it is "photo ready"  

I also had previously hand dyed some wool roving and I love the vivid colors. Here is part of it.
 I took the roving and started spinning it into some yarn.  I am not sure if I will make this into a two ply or a three ply yarn.  For now it is still being spun.

I also did some sewing yesterday and made a bag to cover my loom for travel.  I used a couple of upholstery fabrics for it.  I don't have a picture but I probably won't take one.  It was a pain in the patootie to sew because it was so heavy. But at least it will protect my loom. 

And finally, one of the good reasons I haven't had time to create much to show is really another creative endeavour.  I have joined the cast of the local Community Actors Studio Theater for the production of "Anything Goes."  I am in the Ensemble (aka chorus) singing baritone.  When I got the schedule I was a bit saddened that I have a LOT of conflicts with rehearsals.  I have sent them in and am hoping I still get to perform in the show. If  not, I will help behind the scenes a bit.  The wardrobe mistress has already asked if I could help with the sewing. She has known me most of her life so she knows I have a sewing machine or two - or more. Ha ha.  
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your weaving. It amazes me that you can take white roving and turn it into a beautiful work of art! I wish you luck with the stage production. It sounds fun.

kathyinozarks said...

lovely yarn and cloth Gene

suemac said...

The play sounds great. My son and his partner lead a community theater group in Maryland.

Jeanna said...

You are a man of many talents, Gene. Best of luck with the production. I hope the conflicts with rehearsal do not keep you from the stage.

Barbara said...

Never one to sit still! The multi colored roving and yarn is awesome. Well done!

Marlene said...

Sounds like you've been keeping very busy for sure. I hope that the "good" of all these great creative outlets outweigh the "bad" you mentioned.