Friday, August 14, 2015

Jackpot - Yes!

What a delight!  What a thrill. What a surprise! You see, I got a box via UPS from Moda.  You know, the United Notions Moda, the quilting fabric company. 

Why?  A couple of weeks ago, on the Moda Blog I answered a simple request.  "tell me what you’d like to find in your stocking this December." And I did.  My name was chosen and I got an email asking for my mailing address.  What did I expect?  Maybe a couple of charm packs or a layer cake - that would be nice.  What did I get? Well let's open the box!
There is a Moda tote bag (I love it already!) But there is something inside it.  Let's peek into the bag.
One peek and I sat right down in the floor and dumped the bag.  Then I started going through everything.  To say I was pleased would be an understatement.
So let me show you all the prizes.
Nice two charm packs of Prairie.    But wait - I turned it over to read the back of the label - because I am a label reader.
Surprise!  There were two Christmas charm packs too.

Then I picked up this little gem - 2 1/2 inch squares of Tucker Prairie.  There are two of them.....
No!  I turned it over and there are two more - I have FOUR of them. What fun.
Then I grabbed this package.
A Turnover pack of 80 half squares in Nocturne by Janet Clare.  (I need to open it and look at all the prints!)

Then I saw this:
A Layer Cake of Chic Neutrals by Amy Ellis!  I see a modern quilt in my future.
But wait....can there  be more?  Why yes indeed!
There is a copy of The Quilt Magazine - Quiltmania.
Oh yes....and just one more thing. I had mentioned Color Daze batiks in my Christmas stocking wish list.  And there it was - a Layer Cake of Color Daze batiks.   Y'all know how much I love batiks.
So folks, if you are a quilter and don't follow the Moda Cutting Table Blog - perhaps you should re-think that. 
And now, I wish I had asked for more hours in the day or more days in my week to do more creative stuff. 
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! What a great prize! Congratulations

Christine said...

Very nice prize! I love Moda!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I had seen you name pulled - congratulations and what a wonderfully, overflowing, delightful stocking (bag) you got stuffed!

Debbie said...

Wow...you hit the moda mother lode! Congrats.

Pat said...

WOWZA.....you really hit the jackpot there. I'm happy for you as you are a hard worker and will put all those things to very good use!!! Congratulations on your wonderful win!

Katrina said...

That's awesome Gene!!!

Unknown said...

So jealous! You're great at winning! Glad you won. Still jealous! ;)

barbara woods said...

congrats , great win

Sarah said...

You win everything! congrats :)

Barbara said...

I agree with Pat, I know you will put everything to good use! I'm green with envy over the tote bag though. I was hunting my house high and low today for a tote that would hold all my yarn. Yours would do it! Lol. Congrats Gene, you work hard and deserve it!

Julianne said...

Congrats Gene! Nice Score!

Marie said...

WOW that is the jackpot for sure. Can't wait to see what you make. Congrats.

kathyinozarks said...

WOW awesome surprise! so fun to win things like this-and quiltmania I love that magazine but pretty pricey congrats on everything

suemac said...

Very nice. Yes you did hit the jackpot. Oh the possibilities.

Tangos Treasures said...

WOW how AWESOME!!!

Marlene said...

I'm not a quilter anymore, but your awesome winnings still make me smile. Have fun!

Patti Williams said...

WOW! That is awesome!

Jeanna said...

So...you are super lucky that I no longer live in Bama. I would be on your doorstep for a sew date :)