Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Cleaning Product Review - and more

The first thing today,  I want to tell you about a prize I won in April.  I didn't actually get the prize until May, but that is another story.   When I got this prize in the mail I was excited to try it. It is The Optimist Co.  Make Your Own Cleaning Products kit. 
It included two reuseable pump spray bottles,  an 8 oz organic castile soap, and three 10 ml bottles of  pure grade essential oils in Lemon, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus.  I needed to add some flat club soda which meant I had to find club soda locally and that took some looking. Then I had to let it go flat. I also needed some white vinegar -but I always have that on hand anyway.

I mixed up both bottles using the recommended amounts.  Then I did a little cleaning but wasn't impressed.
Sunday and Today changed my impression greatly.  Sunday I noticed some places on my storm door that needed cleaning.  I grabbed the Bright Side glass cleaner I had made and used it. The glass was so shiny in those spots that I had to do the entire glass door. ha ha.
Today, I was making a hearty vegetable soup in the crockpot - (this is mostly for my mom since she loves soups and I need to get her to eat more. )  For some reason I moved something on the counter and noticed an ugly spot - water didn't get it off.  Hmmmm.... So I pulled out the Time to Shine cleaner and sprayed it.  Mmmm..it smells so nice!  I started moving more things on the counter and did a good bit of cleaning with the product.  Every spot came up and the counter really does shine.  I love that the ingredients are all natural and safe. The only thing in there I wouldn't want to put in my mouth is the castile soap. The essential oils in dilution are safe -in fact I use my cinnamon essential oil and my oregano essential oil in cooking.
You may want to check out The Optimist Co. 

I have spun some yarn and done a bit of weaving lately but not much sewing.  Here are some of my "results."
Yarn, spun and plied. It makes me think of spring, flowers and berries and limeade

The current warp I made and put on my loom.
A couple of friends have named it "Ribbon Candy"

A warp to go on my loom as soon as I finish the one above

Fabric I am weaving on the current warp on my loom. 

More of the above fabric
Now back to all the projects I have going - but which one should I be working on now?

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I have thought about trying to make my own cleaning supplies but have never tried it. Looks like this kit makes it easy. I'm off to go check them out.

Jeanna said...

Thanks for the review on the The Optimist Co.

The warp on your loom does look like ribbon candy...very pretty.

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy reading reviews too-I always keep dr bonners castile soap on hand I love the lavender especially-a great cleaning base for just about everything-even safe as soap in the shower. Your yarns are always so lovely-hope to be much improved with my spinning by this winter

Barbara said...

What should you be working on, you asked???? Well, with all of that beautiful yarn and weaving going on, I vote for no more cleaning. Just so many hours in a day. ;)

Average Quilter said...

I agree with Barbara - cleaning just slows down the play time