Friday, July 31, 2015

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?

Did the title get your attention?  Did you sing it in your head as you read it?  Ha ha.  If you don't "get" it....it is from the song Bohemian Rhapsody.  As I have been told lovingly my weaving and dyeing is "a bit Bohemian."  I am a child of the 70s so I take that as a compliment.

Here are two scarves that I have woven recently.
Infinity Scarf woven as one piece -no seams. 

Standard Scarf with lots of colorwork, open weave spaces.
Imagine it over a "little black dress."
Nest up are the detail pictures I promised from the scarf yesterday. Once again the wind whipped and tried to interfere with my photos. The first one here is wrinkled due to a wind gust.
However you can still see the amazing design that the dye made.

This one looks like a  landscape all in blue.
See the trees pointing to the sky?

And finally, this one is a tribute to the "psychadelic 60s"
But most amazing is that this is all on one single silk scarf and happened almost by accident.
I put the silk scarves beneath the wool roving I was dyeing- laid out on plastic wrap - and squirted the dye on the roving.  I am not sure, but I think the roving laying on top contributed to the designs that emerged.  Whatever happened - it is gorgeous.

I am linking this post with Richard and Tanya's Link A Finish Friday
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

9 comments:

Vicki W said...

Yes, I sang it! I love all,ofmthe scarves.

Sarah Terry said...

Your weaving is so pretty and colorful! I love those two scarves <3

Jeanna said...

Thunderbolt & lightening very very frightening....

That song is stuck in my head :)

Love the scarves and I really like the part that looks like a landscape.

Now I've got to find tune the iPod to Queen!

Susan said...

Yes, whatever you did, it worked! All are beautiful! And yes, now I have Queen going through my head....Galileo Figaro Magnifico!

Kathleen said...

Yes I did start singing it in my head and now I can't get it out thankyouverymuch!! Mama mia let me go!!! :o)
Beautiful stuff by the way.

kathyinozarks said...

everything is lovely Gene-the awesome thing about hand dyeing-the results are always a surprise-love that part

Lynn said...

What great finishes! I love hand dyed things, but I don't like to dye. "You dye, I'll buy" is my motto!

Marlene said...

Honestly Gene, I really don't think you'd suit a little black dress. Perhaps you can find a nice black coat to wear them with? 😂

Beth said...

They are all so beautiful as usual. Been away from the blogs lately and trying to hopback in and see what everyone is up to.