Saturday, July 18, 2015

Sewing Some Accessories

In the future, I will be a featured artist in a Gallery run by The Arts Council.  I am working on some items that will be interesting and affordable - you know, impulse buys.   A while back I had purchased some purse clasps for making small coin type purses.

I finally got everything I needed together -let's face it, I put things away and "lose" them for a while. So I made the four purse bodies.  here they are shown with the clasps.



  I have not done the hand sewing to attach them to the clasps so they are not completed yet.  But I have to say that I love my hand woven fabric used for small items like this.  The handwoven fabric is backed with medium weight interfacing to make it sturdy.  The purses are lined with various batik fabrics in light to medium colors.
Next on my agenda is to make some zipper pouches with the handwoven fabrics.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

A lovely use for your hand-woven fabric. Congrats on being chosen for the Arts Gallery, and I'm sure these will be a big seller!

MarthaVA said...

Gene, these are GREAT. I was in JoAnns the other day, and I got waylaid looking at the purse clasps because I want to do the same. However, I'd gone for one thing so I got that thing, and left. I will have to go back next time I get great coupons, and pick some up, because once again, you've inspired me! I like that you used the interfacing and lined the purses as well. They will last someone a long time!
Thanks for sharing. As I said, you're inspiring.
Martha

kathyinozarks said...

I love these Gene are you going to sell them?

Lynn said...

These are darling Gene! I hope they sell well for you.

craftspacecontinuum said...

Congrats on being featured in the gallery run. I enjoy reading about your weaving projects. These purses are a fun place to see weaving. Can't wait to see what else you make : )

kathy said...

These are gorgeous. The hand woven texture will be amazing.

Marlene said...

I have frames for a similar idea! Mine are larger though, more of a clutch purse size.

How exciting (and daunting!) to be invited to do an art show. Will it feature all of your visual arts talents? Your painting, weaving, quilting, sewing, spinning and so forth?

Susan said...

Oh! Love those little coin purses! They are handy for so many different things. I bet they will sell quickly!

Barb said...

I just love these