Monday, October 26, 2015

Experiment

After doing the woven backgrounds, I decided to try something else.  Could I do a circle?  The book where I learned the basic technique has some woven circle pieces in it. (and instructions that I probably should have followed - but I didn't)
I was just wanting to do this quickly to see how difficult it would be. So I fused two pieces of solid color fabric (not hand dyed - I don't want to waste those. )
Here is what I came up with.
I should have measured for cutting so that the rays going out from the center would be more even. I will call it a "semi-success" since it did work out.  I am not sure what I could use it for, but it reminds me of the psychedelic sixties. I mean, what I have seen in movies and on television (wink wink.)

Now what on earth can I use this particular piece for?  I am open to suggestions.

Maybe I should try a half circle!

Hmmmm....interesting.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I like that the rays in the center are not even-more whimsical that way--perhaps a pincushion?

suemac said...

The half circle is even more psychedelic

Jeanna said...

That is a very interesting piece, Gene. I have no ideas on what to do with it but I'm sure whatever you do, it will be amazing.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You could make a half-circle in orange and/or brown and have some psychedelic turkey feathers. Thanksgiving is just around the corner - ;))

craftspacecontinuum said...

Thats really neat. It looks like the inside of one of those glass blown paper weights. If you had two of them you could make a plush owl critter and those could be the eyes : )