Saturday, October 31, 2015

Sweet Puppy Block

There was a "blog hop" that I watched for the entire run.  I loved the Dog Gone Cute block but didn't know if I wanted to try it. When a friend asked me to make a baby quilt in neutrals, that was all the push I needed. I gathered fabrics in neutrals (just some scraps.) and I cut and sewed it.
How stinkin' cute is this!
I confess that the eyes are not according to the pattern, The eye on the left of the block was designed to be closer to the center. I made a mis .....errr I changed it, using artistic license. This iis the large block that finishes at 18 by 12 inches. There are cutting instructions also for a 9" by 6" small block.

Since the quilt is for a baby girl we decided not to use it. Instead, I need to find a bunny or a kitten-preferably a bunny.
I must say thanks to "Sew Fresh Quilts" for providing this pattern free on her blog.  There are actually eight different block options so you can make a whole litter of these.
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I have seen these blocks on a few different blogs I follow. All are so cute! I may need to go bookmark this pattern.

Sarah Terry said...

I'm using that pattern to make a pillow for a local dog rescue to auction off. I am tweaking it to look like a certain dog they found in horrible condition and restored to health. I'll probably make more of these because they are really cute!

kathyinozarks said...

too cute

KaHolly said...

Very cute. You couldn't resist, either, I see!

Carol Swift said...

Your "artistic license" gave it a I-might-have-chewed-the-couch kind of look...love it!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the pup in pastels - such adorable character to it.

legato1958 said...

Such a cute pup in the neutrals! I am sure your baby quilt will be sew fun and pretty!
Susie (I love "artistic license " moments!)

Lorna McMahon said...

So dog gone cute! Glad to see that you joined in and wanted to make a cute puppy block, too Gene. Your artistic license has added personality to this pup. Love the fabrics you chose!

Unknown said...

Just to be encouraging here, I love the idea of puppies for baby girl's quilt! I love that you chose a light floral to give fur texture! Maby yours would make a great little travel pillow! I hope you make and share more of these Dog Gone Cute little guys or girls!!!

Lisa J. said...

I love the idea of puppies in a girls quilt as well. I love the flowery neutral fabrics.