Thursday, November 05, 2015

Fusing Playtime

After working on a lot of projects that I can't show just yet,  I decided to play with some leftover pieces and see what could happen.

I have scraps and piece of fabric with fusible web on the back. So I took the woven half circle and some matching scraps and envisioned a jester's cap.  I found a piece of mottled orange/peach and used it to make a face shape.  Then I added eyes and eyebrows.
Poor guy needs a nose and mouth now....but I am not sure how I want to portray the nose just yet.  I think I need to sleep on it and then play some more.  I also have to decide what type of mouth he should have.  Should I add hair? So many questions run through my mind.  Yes, he needs to sit and mature for a bit.

In other news, one of my theatre friends put out a call for actors.  A local restaurant had a film company coming to make a commercial. I thought, "it is something I have never done and I will get to hang out with some of my friends and get free food." Okay!  I am in.
One of the ladies I know from the theatre took a picture of me sitting in the restaurant.  I like the photo a lot so I am sharing it with you.
Hey!  It looks just like the jester I am making doesn't it?  Ha ha.  Actually, I think I look a bit happier. 

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice happy photo, Gene - and a Jester's cap - how clever! Nose - mouth - hair? - smile? - ears? - neck ruffle? - oooh, the possibilities - ;))

Rhonda said...

Handsome photo! The jester has so many possibilities...also, you have given me ideas about using my small pieces of not yet used fused fans!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

kathyinozarks said...

lol fun stuff happening in your world-enjoy!

Marjorie said...

Love your jester and the idea of putting together those leftover bits of fusible. There are lots of those bits around here.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Your photo looks great Gene and I like your fused piece. You are much more adventurous that I've been.
Hugs,
Kelly