Sunday, October 04, 2015

Quilt Angel Update

It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this.   I found out today that the Ogden House youth facility is being closed. Due to state budget issues and lack of funding the facility will not be able to remain open.

At this time the board of directors is desperately seeking funding to allow this much needed service to continue. Although with the poor state budget, it is uncertain at this time.

We are hoping that some type of funding will be made available to reopen Ogden House as we know that there are still youth who need the facility.    But until that time comes, we are suspending the quilt angel program.

I do thank all of you for the love and concern you have shown.  I am sure that this same love and concern is a part of your daily life.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

oh how disappointing... At a time when so many young men need support in so many ways, our society doesn't seem to understand that investing in them early on will pay off later............. sad.

Vicki W said...

That is so sad. I hope they can find funding to continue.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Gene - I am so sorry to hear that. Makes me wonder what the state legislators think is more important than the state's youth - and what they have decided to fund instead. It is sad.

Beth said...

Oh, this makes my heart break! I will hold on to my quilt in the hopes that it can be used this year.

Jeanna said...

Praying that the funds will be found for this worthy cause.