Saturday, January 23, 2016

Another Chunk Quilted

Yesterday, I posted a photo of the piece I had basted to quilt.  That piece is now quilted and trimmed.
But rather than show you the whole piece - or even any of the front of it - here is some of the quilting on the back of this piece.

I really don't plan out the quilting for the squares, I just decide as I get to them.  Some of the squares are simply stipple quilted.  One has a variation on pebbles.  I just played and enjoyed.  Are there "mistakes"?  Probably.  But as this will be a bed quilt, I don't worry about a few tiny "oops" moments. It was fun! And isn't that why we do it?  

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

4 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Yes! - that's EXACTLY why we do it! - And it if looks good, too - well, that's just a bonus. Glad you are ENJOYing your playtime - ;))

Jeanna said...

Very nice, Gene. Those mistakes are unique moments in quilting :)

Barbara said...

There simply ARE no mistakes, just artistic representations.

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Abso-freaking-lutely, it's only for the fun. When it ceases to be fun, I'll move to another craft and run the gamut with it. Now I'm sewing, crocheting, weaving and quilting. Oh yes, and working a part of every day too, so not much time for mischief-making !~! Thanks for sharing your free-motion; i love seeing what you do