Friday, January 15, 2016

Quilted Pieces

First of all, I never made it to sewing yesterday. And here is why:

In the past week, I was looking at some photos I had saved online.  I saw one and said "What did I do with that piece?"   I didn't have a clue. I looked through a stack of quilted pieces and didn't find it. So when I was getting ready to sew - a little gray squirrel ran by carrying that picture -
Not this exact one - this is a new picture after trimming
AND a clue as to where to look.  So, of course I looked there.   Oh my, I found another stack of quilted pieces.  I got a huge surprise too!  I can quilt better than I realized. Forgive the brag, but some of these are really good!

So I decided to iron them,  trim them
And see what I could come up with.
I laid out several of them on the bed - they are all different sizes, a fact I will have to overcome.
But they are so fun together. 
There are more that are not trimmed - I should be busy with this for a while. 
And some smaller embroidered blocks that are quilted also. 
Now let me show you some gratuitous photos of some of these blocks:






And there are more- whew!
If I can get these all joined into one quilt, I think it will be an amazing quilt.  This will certainly take some time, but I think it will be worth the effort.

Oh,  look---->  Squirrel!!!!
Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oooooh - I LOVE those!! I saw a tutorial on how you could join those pieces - I'll email you the link. Gotta love those dang Squirrels - ;))

Barbara said...

Yes, one amazing quilt! Although I love your first photo *so* much, I might keep that one aside to frame.

Lynn said...

These will make a neat quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Skinny sashing would pull it all together.

Kathleen said...

These look great!

Elizabeth said...

Yes. You are a very fine quilter.