Thursday, January 28, 2016

Sampler- As If.....

As if I didn't have enough UFOs floating around, I have joined a Sampler sew along. It is being run by Jane Davidson and Pat Sloan. It is the Splendid Sampler.
The info says there will be two blocks a week with two weeks off for Christmas and New Year. So there will be a hundred 6" blocks.  It also says there will be pieced, paper pieced, EPP, applique and embroidered blocks. The Q & A says that you don't have to make them all.  That is good because I doubt that I will make them all, but I will collect the instructions for sure. I will make the ones that appeal to me and eventually make a quilt from them.  The first block will debut on Valentine's Day.  So if you want to join in, follow the link and sign up.  

(just what I needed - another project!) Ha ha.

Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible unless otherwise stated. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger" - I can not reply.

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Naughty, naughty Gene!! I really didn't need to read about & be tempted into another project. I'm going to pass on this one, I think???? Smiles.

kathyinozarks said...

that is a huge commitment too-allot of blocks. I usually have good intentions when I join a bom but stuff gets in the way and I don't do it I do save the information too for later on the ones I love, in case I want to in the future

Jeanna said...

This is supposed to be the year I finish a BUNCH of UFOs. Why oh why am I so tempted?

The Slow Quilter said...

I just signed up to join you. Hope I can keep up.

Linda C said...

Right now I would be more of a collector and also swap some in and out of the Farmers Wife Sampler(s) I DO want to do.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - been there - done that. My "LHQ (Left-Handed Quilter) Sampler Quilt" has 99 9-patches - all finishing at 6". I made it a couple of years ago and have a separate page/tab on my blog to show how I did it - block by block. It was TONS of FUN!! Have FUN making yours - ;))

Barb said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I want to do this too......why oh why did you mention this??? Good luck! There is so much out there that I want to be a apart of but truly need to be two or three of me (oh...what a world it would be with more than one of me).

Barbara said...

A HUGE project, you can do it, and I'm sure yours will be the most colorful of all. I'll watch from afar...