Sunday, November 08, 2020

Creativity is a Survival Skill

This year has been interesting so far. (And personally, I wouldn't mind it being less interesting for the rest of the year.)   Creativity is helping a lot of us survive - both by making masks to help avoid viral infection AND by working with our hands to maintain our mental health. 

 
And "Hand" work is what I have been doing. I find that I am slower since the cataract surgery because I can't see close work as well.  I haven't yet found reading glasses that work well for me.  I am sure I will in time, even if I have to have the optician make them.  Rest assured it will all work out in the end.

Here is where I am on the hand embroidery.

I need to do something in the thumb and then decide how to finish the palm area.  
Part of the creative journey is making decisions.  



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

"Interesting" is an understatement - I much prefer "boring" to all of the stuff going on right now - and I'm glad we have "creativity" to help keep us sane. Your "hand" is coming long VERY nicely - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I would just as soon pretend that 2020 never happened! LOL Your "hand embroidery" is turning out nice. It puts new meaning to the term hand embroidery! I am sure you will get your vision straightened out soon.

Barbara said...

I love this, Gene! Keep adding, no hurry. Whatever your vision dictates is soon enough.

Barbara said...

PS...I just thought, perhaps another line or two across the palm to mimic the ones most of us have in reality.

Debbie said...

Swirls or a paisley in the thumb for a thumbprint! This is looking so good. I love the creative spirit shown here.

Julierose said...

Your Hand is coming along so well; lovely patterns....it takes a while after that surgery for your brain to figure out what is now the new reality for your vision...my after-op vision is so much better...so hang in there, hugs Julierose

Quilting Gail said...

Love your "HAND" work!! (pun intended!)
:-)

Frog Quilter said...

Your hand work is beautiful and emerging well. Keep at it as it will usually speak as to what it wants or needs.

Vicki W said...

Wellcone thing is for sure, because of 2020 we all know ourselves a lot better. Love your hand sewing!