Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Looking at Options with Electric Quilt

My Left Handed friend posted about Swirls with the blocks she is making.  She messed up and was wondering about leaving the blocks as is.  
I decided to draft it in EQ and see what would happen.  Here is a quilt design using her block and setting it "straight." 
It really loses the nice faux curves that this type of block is known for.  Here is one in three colors, same block but different color arrangement.

After re-coloring it with all Darks for the colored part and rotating the blocks, it looks even better. 

And in case you were wondering - value really makes a difference.  Here it is with the "darks" as mixed values - dark and medium.
     It still looks nice but the curves illusion is less prominent. 
If I were making this quilt, I would prefer to make it with all lights and darks that are very close in value.  But for now, I am not making it. 

My current project (sorry no photos) is dyeing a warp to put on my loom. I made it long enough to make three nice scarves. I hope the dyeing comes out as beautifully as the last one I dyed.   As  a bonus, I put some fabric underneath the warp to "catch" some of the excess dye. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

THANKS for working it up in EQ for me! I'm in the process of "un-sewing" them right now - hopefully I can get them re-sewn correctly - LOL - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I really do need to spend more time in EQ. Thanks for the encouragement. Color really does make a difference.

Sandra Walker said...

EQ is fantastic for playing with blocks and what if scenarios isn’t it? It’s also for fantastic for losing several hours… Ask me how I know!