Sunday, November 01, 2020

Surviving

You might know that hurricane Zeta passed right through my area. Unfortunately my power was out for three  very long days. My second eye surgery for cataract was Wednesday. The hurricane came through Wednesday night. It was interesting getting to the doctor for the follow-up checkup on Thursday. At least they were open even though the doctor was late getting in because he had no power also.
That said, the surgery went well, and the eye is improving.
The hurricane took down half of a pine tree in my backyard. My brother and his wife brought their tractor and carted away the tree and the debris. I helped as much as I was able to help.

At this point I have power but no internet so I'm posting from my phone. 
I attempted to add a photo but the service is slow and it would not upload.



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

you had an adventure! So glad the eye is improving and things are good there. We had wind and rain, with no damage. Take your time healing. Life is too precious to rush it.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

So glad you survived with no-so-bad damage. My brother in Mississippi also came through it well, thank God! Hope your recovery continues to progress excellently!

Barbara said...

We’ve been getting a lot of rain from that hurricane system, but no damage. Will life ever get back to normal? I wonder. Glad your eyes are now both done. You won’t have any trouble adjusting to seeing better, I predict.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Good grief!! I'm glad the eye surgery went well - but no power for three days is another story!! Sorry you lost a tree - but glad that your brother and his wife were able to help you clean it up. Hopefully there was no damage to your house. Stay safe - and keep us posted on your "adventure" - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

I am so glad to hear your surgery went well and that you didn't suffer much damage from the storm. 2020 has realy been a year to remember, hasn't it?

Angie said...

Wow, 2020 has been eventful. The "Zeta"storm was bad in my town too.(I live in Polk County, NC.) Trees were down,power lines down, power was out for a day and a half. Some of the folks near me still don't have electricity. Crazy storm. It was a little scary and last night the wind was bad again! I will say a prayer for your power to be restored & for your eye to heal quickly. I'm glad your surgery went well & the doctor was able to check it out the next day. Rest well. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create next. 🌻🥀🌼

Quilting Gail said...

Hi Gene,
Glad to hear your surgery went well. Sorry to hear about the lack of power! That's no fun after the first hour!
Take care! :-)

Rhonda said...

So happy your surgery went well and very happy tha you survived that hurricane. Goodness, I heard another one is forming somewhere. Stay safe my friend!

Jeanna said...

Hi, Gene. I'm very happy to read that your surgery went well. Sorry about the tree damage from the storm. I hope your home and everything was ok.