Friday, October 23, 2020

A Little "Hand"-iwork

First a quick "eye update" - the first eye was operated on and is doing very well.  The doctor said that the incision has healed nicely and the lens is well aligned.  So - Yaay!  The second eye is scheduled for surgery.  

Meanwhile, I have been very limited in what I can do - and with all the eyedrops that need to be put in each day, and extra time to rest, I haven't gotten a whole lot done.  

Still, the handiwork is a necessity sometimes. And it is a great way to occupy myself while listening to audiobooks.  As long as I can thread the needle, I can manage to stitch. 

Here is what I have accomplished. 

The fabric has distorted slightly, but I think once I fuse it to some batting and quilt it, that won't be a big problem.

Now to decide more stitches to fill the other areas.  If I am gone for a while don't fret.  I will return. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm so glad to hear that you eye is doing well and that you are getting your rest. Your "hand-iwork" is coming along nicely - I like the flower in the fingertip - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

The had is turning out very nice. That's a good project. I am glad you can see to thread needles.

Sandra Walker said...

So glad to know all has gone well. I know I face that operation some time in the future. Cataracts don’t run in my family; they gallop! The embroidery is looking good too! Great idea.

Barbara said...

This hand is looking so nice! I can only picture how beautiful it will be. Keep stitching at a slow pace, and before you know it, it will be done someday. No rushing therapy!

Frog Quilter said...

Love your hand project and the stitching is fabulous! Can’t wait to see what you will do next.

Quilting Gail said...

This is a fun "Hand" work piece! :-)

Glad your eye is doing well ... rest well ...

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sounds like you're doing well, and isn't it wonderful to have plenty to occupy your hands! I like your hand sewing piece. I looked at your inspiration piece and you should have lots of fun!

Kathleen said...

Glad all went well with eye #1. How long until eye #2? Hubs is doing his but no date set until after meeting with surgeon. The hand embroidery is looking terrific.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Nice hand. Ironing the hand, after it is finished, will help it to lay flat. Iron it well BEFORE you add the batting.

Barb said...

Love your hand work. Glad you are getting the other one done, which was yesterday? How long does it take to heal?