Sunday, October 11, 2020

What do you see?

There was an ugly attempt at art on my painting table. It did not make me happy at all.  This piece started as something else that had failed.  That was painted over with gesso.  Just so you know, you can paint watercolor over gesso, but it acts differently.  If you try it be aware that it is very unlike painting directly onto paper.  The next step was a watercolor background over the gesso.  That looked okay.  Flowers were attempted - they looked horrid. What to do?  

After it sat there for a several days, I got tired of looking at it.  Painting loosely only to create  a colorful background that maybe I could doodle over, I covered it with barely diluted tube watercolor.  

I left it to dry.
When I went back later, I saw this:


I know what I see, and will probably enhance with some doodling.  
But what do you see? 
Please don't read the other comments first. 
Just tell me the first thing it reminds you of. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

The first thing I saw was a frog. Am I close?

Cherie in St Louis said...

I see an owl :) Fun, kind of like looking at clouds ;$

Barbara said...

Fun not to read the other comments first! I see a green amphibian thing dead center, perhaps a weird frog. Cannot ignore those two “eyes”. But more realistic is a face in pink, bottom center. It’s not a happy face, more horrific than that, but perfect for Halloween. There are other possibilities for doodling, and I’m sure you will find them!

Debbie said...

I see that devious bunny in the back yard that loves to munch on anything that blooms....in this case I think some zinnias!

Vicki W said...

Owl eyes and beaks, hiding in foliage.

Kathleen said...

I see an owl head - eyes and beak.
Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Angie said...

A gremlin or an owl. I enjoy your paintings! 🦋🍂

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I see an owl - with a brown face - a pink head and a pink body - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I see a little bird with eyes and a beak. Have fun doodling.