Friday, October 09, 2020

A Couple of Watercolor Doodles

While doing some organizing last evening, I found these two little doodles that I did on watercolor backgrounds.    This is an activity that is fun for me. There is no expectation of creating great art. It is simply playtime.  


For these, the background is painted first with no intention of what it will become.  The paint is put on the paper and allowed to dry.  Then, maybe days later, I take the small painting and start drawing on it with various marking tools.  I love seeing what appears.  In the case of the flowers, it started with one flower.  
With the funky little bird,  it started with drawing around some shapes. I think the visual texture also acted as a prompt.  The color placement -which looks planned- was a lovely coincidence.

One thing I can do when my eyes are healing and I can't see well, is to make these backgrounds. 

Some of you who are familiar with cataract surgery may wonder why I won't be able to see well for some time.  The doctor explained that with my extreme nearsightedness, there will be a visual disparity between the two eyes.  I will be wearing glasses with only one lens and the other eye should be near 20/20 vision.   As he explained, this will cause "issues" with the perceptions -although different people adapt differently.  While I am hoping for the best, I am planning for contingencies.  (FYI - In my career, I worked with emergency planning.  Thus it is ingrained in me to "have a plan.")

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Cool doodles! Glad you plan to do more. Everyone’s eyes are different, and some take longer to heal than others. I suspect you will see like you haven’t in a long time and have no regrets after recovery. Having a creative recovery plan can only help, I think.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your doodles!! I'm glad that you will be able to do that while you are "healing". And having a plan is ingrained in me, too - I never would have made it through tax season if I didn't start planning in August - ;))

Lyndsey said...

Great doodles. I particularly like the bird. Planning is so important in nearly everything. I plan carefully and risk assess everything. That way I'm ready for all eventualities. When I used to wear contact lenses I had one for near vision and the other for distance. Day 1 I felt seasick at times but after that the two eyes worked as one and it was great with clear vision. You should get used to your new vision after a couple of days.

Vicki W said...

I'm with you. I always have a worst case plan! My Mom had that same problem between her 2 surgeries. Her time between was, unfortunately, really long because she had problems with the first surgery. Her steroid allergy really screwed up her glaucoma. But she's golden now!