Wednesday, October 14, 2020

What Did People See?

This little photo of my watercolor background really sparked a lot of imaginations. 

One of my lovely readers emailed with a suggestion that I post what everyone said. 
I thought that was a fun idea, so I took to my personal social media to ask friends
and family to weigh in on this also.  I was reading them to a buddy on the phone.
His response was "What are those people smoking?"  
FYI - HE said that the picture is upside down, but when you rotate it
he saw a cat.  

So here is a list of some of the responses. 
Many people saw an OWL - that is what I saw  immediately. 
Several saw a frog - one of those was very specific and said 
"I see a skinny frog sunbathing."

Another said "A Squished Frog."

At least two people saw a Bunny Rabbit. 

One or two saw a Mouse

A couple saw a Mother with a Baby. (I can't find that one.)

Some saw a Face

One really surprised me when he said "I see the Continent of Africa."

Another surprise "A lady leaning back on a dragon, like in Avatar."

"A Victorian Lady" 

"Something Floral like phlox or delphiniums"  

"A girl either praying or looking into a crystal ball"


And to think, all I saw was the owl. 
My skills at sketching with a computer mouse are not that great.
But you will get the idea. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

That is too funny. Maybe you should do some more "eye spy" paintings like that. I have to say that I did see the continent of Africa and now that you point it out, I can see the owl. That was fun. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

I loved reading all of the comments and I love your owl....truly a fun post and a great way to start the day.

Barbara said...

NO!! Your owl wing went right over top my mean man face with the curly eyebrow and long pointy nose. That’s the one I would sketch!This is fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

All I saw was the owl, too - until I read some of the comments and went back to see if I could find what other people saw. I didn't find them all - but it was fun trying - ;))

Quilting Gail said...

I saw the owl, but now with your sketch, I see a kitty's head with an owls body!
It's fun to hear what other people saw!

JFM said...

I see many different things but the first image I saw was at the top of the painting
A cornucopia...I believe that is the correct word.
It is a lovely painting.