Tuesday, November 03, 2020

The Promised Photo

My internet is finally working again!  To be honest, I have not gotten much accomplished to show you.  However, here is a photo of the tree top that fell in my back yard.  


It doesn't look that impressive in the photo. For perspective,  the top of that piece that is impaled in the ground is above my roofline. My neighbor's brown "barn" in the background is as tall as my house. 
All of those trees have to come down!  If the entire tree had fallen --it would have been bad. 

I hope you are all doing well.  I have missed you for the days my digital life was "on hold."  I am not going to try to "catch up" on posts.  I will start from here and go forward. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Good grief!! That photo is pretty impressive even though you don't think it is. I saw the fence in the back on the left before I saw the "barn" - and I figured the fence was between 6' and 8' tall - and the impaled part of the tree was taller than that - so pretty HUGE to me!! Trees are really pretty - but not so much when the winds and storms get a hold of them. Thanks for sharing - Stay safe!! - ;))

Debbie said...

That's a bad one. Have had and seen such damage before. Glad no one was injured. Power returns and things will get back to usual.

Barbara said...

We’ve lived in our house over 40 years, and the trees have doubled (at least) in size. We have paid a LOT to have the most worrisome ones removed just this year. One was a pine tree that would have taken out wires with limbs coming down. Others that looked lovely but had grown too tall close to our house surprised us by revealing they were hollow inside and weakened by infestation. Tree work is so expensive but necessary. Glad you survived well, Gene!

Marie said...

Very happy all is ok at your home Take care. Hugs, Marie

Barb said...

Wow, Gene, looks pretty scary to me, glad it missed your house.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Glad it just hit the ground, not your house. We lost 25 feet off a tree years ago, when a tornado hit our area. It landed in the street, thank goodness.

Kathleen said...

I am glad you did well through this...getting back to the doctor in time, not having major damage to your place, and your internet is restored. Thanks for the photo - it always surprises me how many near misses there are, a good thing.