Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Another Little Piece of my Heart

Scraps! For some of us they have meaning. Many of the scraps in my stash remind me of other quilts or the person who gave me a piece of fabric.  Those memories can make them a little piece of my heart.  

While trying to use them up, I sometimes go down a rabbit hole of memories.  While other pieces are a mystery to me "Where did that piece come from?" But mostly, I just look at the pieces and smile. Then I sew them into another "something."    

I have been sewing a lot of scrappy somethings lately.  There is no big secret plan.  (or maybe there is and I don't want to tell just yet.......)  There IS No Plan.  ha ha. 

There is a lot of enjoyment from taking bits and strips of fabric that so many would just toss in the garbage to enlarge the landfill.  I prefer to only toss pieces so tiny that I can't sew them. 

Here are some of the Scrappy Somethings from the past few days. 


Some of these,  no,  MOST of these are not squared up and ready to use. If it doesn't exactly fit, but it is large enough,  I sew it on and trim it later. 
For now, I am enjoying the play of color, texture, accidental design, hand dyed fabric, batiks, and prints. 

A plethora of things that these could become.  Or they could all be worked into one wallhanging or table topper.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

A plethora of wonderfulness!! - ;))

Jeanna said...

You have a great talent for making scraps look good, Gene. Will be interesting to see what you do with these.

Vicki W said...

I love it when I'm quilting a veterans quilt and I see a fabric that I've used in one of my quilts. It's kind of a fun I Spy game.

Barbara said...

This post is inspirational for me! I must try it...love them!

Sandra Walker said...

This kind of piecing is both satisfying to and at times frustrating for me. Satisfying because like you, I love creating these joyful somethings and saving the scraps from the landfill; frustrating because no matter what size I need, and how MANY various sizes of scraps, I always need something a little longer, a little shorter, or a little fatter! I am loving the hits of red in these, and also seeing tiny sections repeated...fun!