Saturday, April 03, 2021

Maybe I Have Had My 15 Minutes

The American Pop Artist,  Andy Warhol, once said, "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes"   Well, many of you know that I love being onstage and that I also like to make people laugh.  
To be honest, I have probably had more than my fifteen minutes of fame.  In the last few weeks, my name has been broadcast to a couple of audiences.  

You see, there is this Southern humorist,  Jeanne (pronounced like the "I dream of Jeannie - but spelled with no "i") Robertson.  Jeanne Robertson is known as A Grandma Gone Viral for her YouTube channel. Once the COVID Quarantine hit, she couldn't go speak to large audiences in person.  Her solution was to stage "Live from the Back Porch" both on Facebook and YouTube.  The audience writes in questions and she and her famous guests answer them.   

She KNOWS my name.  I think she knows I have a pretty good sense of humor also.  On March 20th, her special guest was a Country Music Legend, Jeannie Seely.   Having grown up in Alabama with parents that loved country music, I knew her name and who she is in the business. Of course I submitted a few questions.  Here is what happened:


You should know that I was laughing right along with them.  I had to show the video to my Mom.  She thought it was amazing that Jeanne Seely said my name, right there on the internet for everyone to hear.

                Here is a LINK  to the whole show in case you want to watch it all. 

The next week Jeanne was not on her own back porch but was in Savannah, Georgia with her friend, Jane Tucker.  Jane is from New York City and has helped Jeanne dress for her speaking career.  Jane also is a "character" in some of Jeanne's hilarious stories - like The Pashmina story.   Again, here is what happened:
                                  Here is the  LINK to the whole thing. 

Have I exceeded my fifteen minutes of "everybody fame?"  Should I go hide in a cave for a few years? 

More importantly, have I ever made you laugh?  I sure hope so.  (I guess I should say that I hope the video clips work.)

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.


7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

AWESOME!! You're FAMOUS!! And I knew you way back when - LOL - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. You may have more 15 minutes of fame ahead of you!

Kathleen said...

So great they mention you twice! Thanks for the laugh. And that pashmina video is hilarious!
kakingsbury at verizon dot net

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I am so impressed with your fame! I've watched her funny videos before, and I'm glad to know she is still making people laugh.

Jeanna said...

Woohoo! You are a star! Yes, you make me laugh! And...we even have Gene Black woven scarves. There valued has just increased expotentially :) LOL

Vicki W said...

You've been cancelled! That's hilarious!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

So, you've been cancelled ;) I've always loved her, especially her grocery list story.