Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Random, Wonky and Wonderful

Fun - that is what quilting should be, fun.  So, I have determined to make some fun stuff and just enjoy sewing with no expectations.  I had some scraps left from making the coasters and I rummaged around in the bins and added more.  Some of the pieces were sewn together already, but not many.  Orphan blocks can be used as is or cut into strips to add back into something else. 

This one above started with a half square triangle unit. Then I pieced  around it like a log cabin - except that some of the "logs" are pieced.  Often those small pieces were cut from the end of another strip.  Those can be sewn together to make a new strip. 

Next up- these two books were part of my inspiration. 
There is also this block:
There is some slashed piecing in there as well as an orphan piece that was made
as an experiment. 
Then this one

Two more orphan pieces and another half square triangle.  And of course a lot
of scrap pieces sewn on randomly. 

Finally this little quarter log cabin - very inspired by the Gwen Marston book. 

I followed some advice and just grabbed strips to sew on it at random - as long as there was some contrast to keep it visually appealing. 

How will all of these be used? For what?  
Figuring that out has not been fun yet.
So......
I will keep sewing or do something else until the idea says 
"Hey why don't you......."
And then it will be fun. 
I worked long enough to retire so that I could start doing things that are fun. 
There are still things I have to do, 
but I get to do more things I want to do. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your Random, Wonky and Wonderful IS fun!! I agree - retirement is the perfect time to do FUN stuff - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Looks like you have a good thing going!

Barbara said...

I’ve made some pieced logs too. Log Cabin inspiration is one of my favorites. I marvel at how you seem to leave the structured present and focus on being in a whole other wonky zone!

Quilting Gail said...

Definitely fun!!!
Looking forward to seeing the end result!
Happy creating!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love your random scrappy blocks!