Monday, March 01, 2021

Hand-Dyed Plaid-ish Quilt Top

Sometimes a UFO calls to you on its own.  This time, seeing the post by A Left-Handed Quilter caused me to dig out a UFO and see what I could do with it.  Here is the photo from March of 2020 (just before the pandemic caused a lockdown across our country.)
At the time I was considering putting it on point. But I pulled out some lovely hand-dyed fabrics from Colorways by Vicki Welsh  and found a piece that just seemed perfect.  I am not sure what gradient it was supposed to be - this is fabric that I won on her blog.  It didn't come out as precisely what she wanted so she used it for a giveaway.  I was the very lucky recipient. 



I cut the strips so that the colors in the border converge at the corners. That just seemed the obvious choice for a Convergence Quilt. I really love the plaid effect that is achieved with this particular convergence. 

And, in case you are wondering, the inside is all hand dyed fabric also.  One piece is the Barrier Island gradient from Vicki Welsh  also.  I love the gradients.  The other is a discontinued Color Wheel gradient.  I have a couple more of the color wheel gradients in my precious stash of Vicki's fabrics as well as several more gradients. 

This one is ready for quilting.  I plan on it being a table topper so I may use a lighter batting in it. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooooh, I like yours even better than mine! - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

You did a nice job on that. It is beautiful.

Debbie said...

A great finish. I love the way you balanced the borders. All the colors are fun too.

Barbara said...

Nice job, although my eyes prefer to avoid bright oranges. No problem here though, I suspect it’s not large. Is it?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, that border fabric color and texture of dye is just perfect for the quilt. Great job!

Lyndsey said...

That is a very nice quilt top. Love the colours.

ShirleyC said...

It's just gorgeous!

Jeanna said...

Beautiful finish, Gene. It will make a lovely table topper.

Vicki W said...

I looooooove it!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love it! I like seeing those spots of green grass, too!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like that.

Sandra Walker said...

I’ve long wanted to make a plaid-ish quilt. Yours is the best I’ve ever seen, wow! Those hadn’t dyed fabrics just take it to another level of gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

I love this, Gene, it is such a fabulous rich plaid and one I would love to have a jacket or something in...but a quilt would be nearly as excellent!