Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Trimmings and Pieces

The center of the quilt top is sewn together in the design variation that my friend and I decided on while zooming.  I don't have a photo as I sewed it on the last sunny day.  The weather now is rainy and gray and today we have a potential for some severe weather. 

But while making this pattern you do a lot of block trimming that leaves you with all of these pieces.
Trimmings
Those are perfectly good fabric. As was shown in the book they can be sewn together 
and used in the quilt as part of a border.  So I have a plan to use them. 

They are all sewn together and while they were still in pieces when
I took this photo they are now in two nice strips, ready for my quilt plan. 

In other news, Mom and I have been working on a new puzzle that my brother bought. 
This one does NOT have a poster to look and find where the pieces go.  
I find that poster so helpful with my "old eyes." 
For this one we are having to use the little picture on the box top as our guide. 
But we are still making progress. 
Pieces
There are 500 pieces in this one -although I know that it is also made in a 1000 piece 
variation.  I found it online as 1000 pieces but it was out of stock. 
This puzzle is made by Cobble Hill.  I don't really like they way it is cut.
The pieces are not "exact fit" like the Buffalo Games puzzles. 
But, we will finish it. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Those sewn together have a lot of motion! Can a quilt make one feel seasick? Haha. I love the colors and, of course, that the fabrics are batiks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the trimmed pieces sewn together.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your "border" pieces are a great use of the trimmings - sort of like a built-in border when you make the wonky blocks - can't beat that! Your puzzle looks like a doozy - the magnifying glass is a "must" when you don't have a poster-sized picture to use as a guide. We've found that the "Buffalo Games" puzzles are better quality than others. They have a better/precise fit and a poster is included - ;))

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Those fabric trimmings DO have a lot of motion already. Can't wait to see what happens next!
There has been a lot of progress on the puzzle Good work!

Vicki W said...

Looooove all the trimmings sewn together.