Saturday, March 27, 2021

Table Scraps: Placemats are Finished -and a start

There is a challenge on the blog "A Joyful Quilter"  that I discovered when she asked if I was going to put my placemats in the challenge.  I decided that the answer is "YES."  My placemats are finished although I have not done my standard practice of "washing everything I make before it leaves my hands."  

Here are the four placemats. 

And here is the back of one showing the label.

After the last post a friend emailed asking if I could make her some coasters. Her request was "green, and use some scraps to make them so I can use them. If they are fancy, I won't use them. "

So I rummaged through some scraps and pulled greens and some blue greens. But there are bits of other colors that sneaked in.  I did random piecing that is not fancy - in my opinion.   I hope she approves of these and thinks she will use them.  If not, I will still finish them and someone will use them.  Here are the "tops" for the coasters.  

I confess that I got a copy of "Liberated Quiltmaking II" by Gwen Marston and had looked at it before I started.    They aren't fancy just fun.  Right now they are 5"by 5" so they will be just a bit smaller when quilted, trimmed and bound. 

I think both of the projects count quite nicely as "Table Scraps." 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for joining the Table Scraps Link Party, Gene! Your placemats turned out great and those Crumb-y coasters are going to be quite usable for your friend. Scrap projects are THE BEST!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree - scrap projects are THE BEST - and yours are "bester" than most - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

You did good and table scraps is an appropriate name. I am sure that both will be used and loved.

Barbara said...

I love everything scrappy, and know you don’t waste anything. They are terrific projects!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun, and your place mats are so pretty! I like how the coasters are shaping up, too.