Thursday, March 11, 2021

Puzzled by it all

Mom and I are working on a 500 piece puzzle.  Wait, actually it is a 499 piece puzzle.  This puzzle we got used from the Public Library.  There was a note inside saying that one piece is missing and another piece is damaged.  We think that we have found both places.  There is a spot in the sky on the left side of the puzzle that has a piece with four "innies"  or as I call them "holes" that is missing.  You can see it in the progress picture below. 

The damaged piece is placed in the place we think it goes.  It is on the lower right, under the leg dog's head which is two or three pieces above it.  It looks like a pet or a toddler tried to eat it. 

Here is the photo "map" that came with the puzzle.  I do like having a photo that is bigger than the box to use for reference. 

And we have the pieces sorted on pieces of cardboard. When we are working on it, we have them placed around the puzzle like this. 

The red edge you see on the right hand side also has pieces placed on it.  As you may can tell, the ground, sky, and leaves on the trees are the harder parts.  But we will eventually get it all put together.  

I have a sewing project that I am working on, but it is stalled as I had to order some special longer hand needles to finish it.  Then USPS  conveniently  sent them to the wrong state- Georgia - for some reason. 
When I get them, I will finish the project and then show it to you. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks like enough to keep you busy!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

GREAT progress on the puzzle - that's a lot of ground, sky and leaves! Your cardboard pieces work nicely to keep the pieces sorted - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I bought hubby and our son 6-7 puzzles at the thrift store today. One is shaped (a butterfly) and another is 2000 pieces. The rest are all 1000 pieces. I think that will keep them busy for a while. Have fun with your puzzle.