Friday, March 19, 2021

A Finish - and Almost Another

The weather has been interesting the last few days.  I have had summer, tornado spring, and today, late fall. Thursday it was sunny in the morning, then by early afternoon, the sun was hidden.  However, a bright overcast day is great for getting true colors in a photo. So I decided to get photos of the quilt top since I had finished it just before lunch. 

It seemed calmly serene and just a little cool as I put up the line and hung the quilt. Then I pulled out my camera and walked around to take photos.  The wind decided to play with the quilt. I think I took ten to twelve photos. 
And the wind laughed at me. 
I laughed back and kept snapping photos. 


As you can see, Mr. Wind had the last laugh  I even tried 
weighing down the bottom edge, to no avail. 
At least you can see what I did with the scraps and the borders. 
This quilt has a lot of movement anyway.  Maybe the wind was flirting with it.
Birds of a feather, you know. 

At Mom's house we continued to work on the latest puzzle.  Mom had made a few 
strides the night before and then on Thursday morning. 
I was impressed.  Plus, it made it easier for me to fit in some more pieces. 
Here is how it looked when I said "Enough!" on Thursday. 

All the pieces that remain are green. But I wouldn't be surprised to find it finished on Friday 
afternoon when I visit. Mom finds doing the puzzles a lot of fun. 
(Okay,  I am enjoying it, too. I confess. Mom and I make a pretty good team.)

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilt top has a lot of movement - with or without the wind - it's AWESOME! And you and your Mom DO make a great team - I'm glad she enjoys doing the puzzles - they look quite challenging with all of the grass/trees/sky - ))

Barbara said...

Thi is amazing! I would never have thought the fabrics are batiks, well most of them, but I know they are. Did you design this block, Gene? How will you quilt it?

Frog Quilter said...

Love your new quilt. Different is always great in my book!

Quilting Gail said...

Your latest quilt has movement! Both in the quilt and from the wind! :-)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like your quilt, and I think you are probably right - the wind WAS playing with it! It is so sweet to me to read that you and your mom are enjoying doing the puzzles. I used to do them with my mother, and then with our children many years ago. Enjoy the time!

Marie said...

Love your quilt and puzzle. It is so good to stay busy. Hope all is well is your area! Hugs, Marie

Pamela Arbour said...

Your quilt top really turned out nice. I really like seeing what you and your mother are doing together. That is so sweet.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt turned out great.

Vicki W said...

Wow, that turned out great! I love that you used the cut offs in the top and bottom borders.

Rhonda said...

That’s a good looking quilt!