Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Finish at the End of February

At last, we had a decent day to take a photo.  The quilt has been finished for a couple of days, but it wasn't dry enough for a photo.   I really wanted to lay this quilt out in the field across the road but it is still far too muddy. So, I strung a rope between the sides of my car cover.  


The fact is that this quilt is pretty heavy.  It weighed down the rope and dragged on the cement.  

Then  a bit of a breeze lifted it up so I snapped another shot. I do love the batiks in the pieced blocks paired with the hand-dyed fabrics in the solid blocks.   You may have noticed that I did a scrappy binding with various colors of batiks.  One reader, Gail, suggested a scrappy binding.  I decided that it would really look good with the white borders.  It plays nicely with the blocks and carries the color to the edges for a nice cohesive look. 

I have pulled out a UFO to work on for Monday's post.  Hint - more hand-dyed fabrics!!!!


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

10 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! The hand-dyed fabrics play nicely with the batiks and your quilting is SPECTACULAR! The scrappy binding sets it off nicely! I'm so glad you had a pretty day to take your photos - ;))

Pamela Arbour said...

Quilts do get heavy. You did a fantastic job on this one and the scrappy border is just perfect. You also got a good shot of it blowing in the wind. Can't always get the wind to be that helpful.

Barbara said...

I knew this would be a winner, and it is! The blocks themselves are impeccable, but I especially like the way your quilting shows well in the sashings.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The quilt turned out great. Fun colors and a Springy feel. Congrats!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the quilting on this quilt. I can see many nice naps occurring under this quilt. The colors really appeal to me.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pretty quilt and hand dyes and batiks are good partners. I'm sure you are going to enjoy using it.

Quilting Gail said...

Love the finished quilt!!! Yes, the batiks and hand-dyes play well together! :-)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Batiks and hand dyes, what is not to like? I pulled out scrappy binding today and finished a quilt with it. Just took the photos. It worked for my quilt also.

Vicki W said...

I love everything about this quilt but I especially love the white sashing and how it shows off the fabrics. The scrappy binding is perfect.

Sandra Walker said...

A true beauty! I cringed when you said it dragged on the cement from being heavy. Love the wind shot! I hope you get to snuggle under it before it gets too warm. Somehow I think you’re safe for a while yet even though you’re in the south!