Monday, February 22, 2021

It's Just a Jump to the Left....

The quilt hasn't got a binding yet.  I took the "jump to the left" for a bit and spent the weekend attending a virtual fiddle camp. Actually it was the Maine Fiddle Camp  that was held virtually this year.  I don't play fiddle, but they offered some other instrument choices and even singing.  Saturday morning I took a singing class.  And then Saturday afternoon, I took a class on Ukulele.  Sunday morning was another ukulele class - and since I had enjoyed it so much the day before- I took that one too.  I learned some fun things.  Even though I am still learning, I was able to perform in the Camper Concert. For that I played the song we learned in class called Pachelbel's Wagon. It is a fun mash up of Canon in D by Pachelbel (but we played it in C) and the song Wagon Wheel by The Old Crow Medicine Show.  I must confess that I somehow never heard Wagon Wheel before this class. 

Later - after all the classes- I had time to play with another song. This is an older song that was  sung by the New Christie Minstrels.  I heard them sing it in concert years ago. Here is my version.  I hope you enjoy it. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, just WOW!

Barbara said...

I’m sorry, now I’m past being speechless so I’ll say more. Gene, that was so lovely. There’s a deeper richness to your voice in this song than I’ve heard before, and I’ve heard them all!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I agree with Barbara - that was lovely - ;))

Helen said...

What a beautiful voice!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It was lovely. All my musical ability can fit in half a thimble. Thanks for sharing.

Quilting Gail said...

Lovely. Thank you so much for sharing and adding more joy into my day!