Saturday, February 13, 2021

Did I quit Quilting?

No, I didn't, honest.  I know that it has seemed that way. I has been a while since I posted any quilting work.   But I finally chose a backing and layered and basted the final piece of my quilt.  Then, after supper last night, I started quilting it.  I even remembered to put the label on before I got to far along to quilt it in. 

Here are the two blocks that I have quilted so far. 


One of the other things I have been doing lately is spending more time with Mom.   My nephew gave her a puzzle with 1000 pieces. It was a late Christmas present.  Mom is not great at puzzles, but she wanted us to put it together.   We spend at least an hour every day working on it. Here is what the picture looks like when it is finished. 

Let me tell you there are a lot of colors and designs that are repeated. That adds to the difficulty level.  
Don't laugh, but here is where we are so far. 

Actually we are a little farther along because I sorted out the butterfly in the lower left corner after this photo was taken.   We have pieced sorted and placed on pieces of cardboard - as well as in the lid and bottom of the box.   Maybe we will finish it by the First of June.... Ha ha. 

As for my Virta Health Program to lose weight, reverse diabetes and lower my blood pressure, I am doing well.  Errr....mostly.   My blood sugar readings have been lower.  My weight is "up and down" a little but Friday it was at a lower point than any day since I started - so that looks promising.  However, my blood pressure is consistently in the High Normal to a little too High range.  I think that will work out as the weight comes off.  The great part is that I feel really good and I am enjoying the food changes. It feels odd to not have any breads or pasta, but I have not craved anything. Overall, it is a big win thus far. 



Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm so glad that your new diet and changes agree with you! And I LOVE your quilting - your wishbones/lazy eights look good to me! Your puzzle looks like fun, too. My puzzle friend and I sort out the pieces in cookie sheets. We use those awesome little multi-purpose sheets for way more than just cookies and quilt block pieces - LOL - ;))

Kathy S. said...

I really like your quilted flower. Enjoy your time with your mom!

Pamela Arbour said...

I'm sure you know that time with your mom is the best spent time of all. That looks like a hard puzzle but it is beautiful. Your quilting is coming along nicely too. I think the biggest thing with trying to make a life change is to be consistent even if is is small things. It is so easy to go back to our old habits.

Frog Quilter said...

Looks like you are doing well. Enjoy your time with Mom, as parents are special. Love that puzzle. Keep quilting as you will improve every day. It’s looking fabulous!!!

Debbie said...

Love the puzzle and you are doing well with it. Since my vision changes happened I haven't been able to do any...sigh. Your quilting looks so good....you are more confident in stitching and it shows. Small steps with your program,,,it is a life changer not a race.

Vicki W said...

I love working puzzles. We always have a big one at the beach that the whole family works on. Glad the new program is going well!

Barb said...

Love a puzzle over here. My mother and I spent many a hours doing puzzles. Your FMQ is looking fabulous

Linda Swanekamp said...

Good for you, Gene, keep going with the plan. It takes a while to see big changes, but it will happen if you keep it going.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My hubby and son have been doing lots of puzzles lately. I finally got to eat some pasta the other night. I do get bread for sandwiches.