Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Yes, I Did!

What you say? What did you do?  I will tell you.  I finished quilting the last section of this quilt.  Yes indeed, y'all!  It is all quilted and ready to be joined with the other pieces to make a nice big old quilt.
There are some closeup shots too because I want you to be able to see how imperfectly perfect it is.  Are there some bobbles and wobbly lines - sure there are.  But here is my secret - once it is finished and washed there will be just enough crinkles to hide all the little mistakes and the texture will shine like the morning sun. 
The flower grid next to the square (ish) spirals - wavy lines contrasting with curvy lines. 


Wavy lines and loopy lines make a great filler - and oh my, y'all the texture is so wonderful
to run your hands over. 

This little gem is right next to two blocks with lots of curvy lines. 
So, I did a giant square (ish) spiral.  The lines are not all straight, 
The corners are not all ninety degree angles. Does it matter? 
I think this is far more artistic than getting it exact.  And it really looks 
lovely against the hand dyed fabric that it is quilted on.

Now I will leave you with a song that most of you have probably heard in some form. 
I hope your day is full of Grace. 


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Great texture in this quilt--good for you finishing the quilting--I always feel that that is an achievement...hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

Oooh, love the seed pod quilting! This is going to be such a happy quilt. I can't wait to see it finished.

Barbara said...

I love originality, crinkly and imperfect is well...perfect!

Barbara said...

PS...this is stunningly beautiful!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilting is SO good - and perfectly imperfect! I love the contrast of the motifs square-ish next to the curvy/wavy ones. Too bad we don't have "touch/feel-o-vision" - LOL - it would be fun to pet it. And thanks for sharing the song - you're getting really good at that auto-harp - ;))

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the finish. Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt. Nice song.