Tuesday, February 02, 2021

More Stamped Fabric

Another month has rolled around.  I still have not quilted the last section of my quilt.  But that doesn't bother me at all.  I have been having fun with fabric paint and fabric.  
Here are three more pieces.  The first two were done in the last batch I posted about.  The third one was done later.

 

Except for the star stamp on the middle photo, all the stamps are hand carved by me.  On the top fabric, I used some bottle caps as stamps and some drywall tape for texture.   With the drywall tape, I placed the tape on a sheet of wax paper (or something that didn't matter.) Then I rolled paint onto the tape with a brayer.   Finally, I impressed the painted side of the tape to the fabric and patted it down.  I know I used a piece of wax paper to avoid getting the paint on my hands.  That said, I never escape with clean hands. It is a messy job, but it is fun too.  I suppose I could wear gloves and sometimes I do.  

Friday I will be taking a couple of online autoharp classes. I am hoping to improve my playing skills at least a little bit.   

Meanwhile, today I have workers in the back yard installing my new septic tank.   This will be a two day process as they put in the tank today and will add the field lines tomorrow.   They had to remove my flowering bush that I have had a "Love/Hate" relationship with.  I will miss the spring blooms, but I won't miss the thorns when I need to mow that area.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your stamps are interesting - what do you "carve" to make them? The bottle caps and drywall tape make fun designs. What do you have planned for the fabrics? - ;))

Debbie said...

Wow, great printing experiments. Who cares about painted hands....just wash them more often...lol. You are making a lot of great designs.

Jeanna said...

Beautiful fabrics, Gene. It can't be fun unless there is a bit of mess involved :)

Barbara said...

You are having too much fun with lovely results! But a distraction from septic work is necessary. Just keep playing with the beautiful fabrics at least for two days.

Kathleen said...

You are having a great time. You will quilt when you feel called back to it.

Frog Quilter said...

Lots of very interesting stamps on these pieces. I can imagine beautiful quilting to complete the story!

Barb said...

I truly do enjoy your fabric stamping....the first one is my favorite. Sorry about your bush and yeah for the septic tank.

Vicki W said...

I have a couple of barberry bushes that I feel the same about. They are pretty and very low maintenance but so thorny!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like that top fabric.