Monday, August 29, 2022

Almost there, but sidetracked

I must confess that what I am about to show you has been together since August 18th - and then I got sidetracked.  I took a photo (not a great one, I know.)  But I never posted it.  This much of the quilt top is finished, with only the outer borders to be added. 
 I have to say that I really like it so far.  I think that they blue will be a good outside border
 for this. I may use the blue for binding also, unless I can find a print in my stash
that includes the yellow, blue and some of the other colors in the top. 

In other news, I just registered for two music classes at a virtual music festival.
Each class is approximately an hour long.  Ha ha, I retired so that I would "have time
 to do all the things I want to do."  And yet there is never enough time. 
Life is good.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Gene, I love your quilting, and the blue makes a great contarst to the other colours. I'm retired, too, and never know how the days go by so quickly! Have a great week, Valerie

Sue Daurio said...

I chuckled at the sidetracked comment, happens to me a on a daily basis!!! Love your quilt and yes blue on the border will be outstanding. I recently retired too and seriously have no idea how I managed to work! Have a great quilty week

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Me, too! I LOVE your quilt top and think the blue would make a nice border. When I was working, I would dream of the day when I retired and could quilt all day. Now I am retired and I do quilt all day - unless I get sidetracked - LOL. I hope you have FUN with your music classes - ;))

My name is Erika. said...

Nice colors Gene!

DVArtist said...

Hello my friend. I absolutely love this. Especially the colors. Have you a very nice evening.