Friday, August 26, 2022

Friday Face Off 8/26/22

Wow another week has passed by me with no sewing and no new face creations.  I did find this cartoon that I did of Einstein. 
I do apologize for the fact that the drawing on the reverse of the paper shows. 

This isn't exactly a face, or is it?


This is a painting that I did of my Dad several years ago. I did the initial sketch in a hospital waiting room. Mom was extremely ill and we really thought we were going to lose her. It was a rough time emotionally. Sketching helped to occupy my mind so I could stay sane. Dad had dozed off so he was nice and still for the sketch. When I did the painting, I wanted to retain the sketchy loose quality.  Unfortunately, I can not find the original sketch. 


I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is a great opportunity
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.
Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

9 comments:

sirkkis said...

I adore your Einstein - it's simple but tels well about his sense of humor.
A touching story of your mother and dad - and you. Your painting is gorgeous 👏

Tom said...

...a few lines make Einstein recognizable, NEAT!

Christine said...

Nice work

Iris Flavia said...

The second Einstein of the day (rika was first, LOL) - how nice.
My calendar 2002 has him as cover.
#2 is a face. A touching one.

DVArtist said...

I always like an Einstein sketch and the drawing of your dad is precious. You are so talented my friend. Thank you for joining FFO and have a great weekend.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love Einstein. I have an Einstein here that I made, perhaps I will show him next week. Have a great weekend, Gene, good to meet you! Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

I think that is still a face on your Dad's painting Gene. I love the sketchy quality you gave it. And nice Einstein too. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

A recognizable Einstein in so few lines is amazing! And your painting of your Dad IS a face - the sketchy effect you gave it is wonderful - ;))

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

LOVE the Einstein sketch. it is clever and is very recognizable. That painting of your father is so well done. I am always impressed with your drawings, but this is truly special indeed. VERY emotive.