Sunday, August 14, 2022

Decisions

At times one has to make a decision. Which way do I progress with this quilt?  What do I do with this selection of fabrics.  
I started with a charm pack of fabrics in warm colors,  red, yellow, orange, pink. This is not my usual choice of colors. I like to add purples and blues in with these colors.  I played with the simple block design in Electric quilt.  The plan was decided, or so the thought was at that time.  I started by cutting a number of yellow strips and chain pieced enough for two of the blocks.
 As you should always make a test block before going too far, 
I put those two blocks together. 

Clearly I made a mistake with the fabric charms on the left block. 
The two darks are together as are the two lights. 
While waiting for my zoom meeting Spanish class to begin, 
I used the seam ripper and fixed that issue. 

After my class, I was thinking of color changes. Without changing 
too much, could I make it more interesting?
Here is the original planned layout:
"A"
The blue green isn't the exact color,  I just used fabrics/colors 
that were in EQ to approximate the idea. 

However.........
I could make more blue bordered blocks and do a 
Checkerboard pattern like this:

"B"


But is the blue too intense in the corners that way?

Perhaps I could switch a bit and make this version?

"C"

The question remains, which do I make?  My cutting table is covered
with the beginnings of this and I am still not close to a decision. 

I don't want to redesign the entire quilt in EQ, but I am thinking of 
adding a row of charm squares from the same collection as
between each third of the quilt (top to bottom) to make it a 
longer and more useful quilt. (okay so I did go back in EQ
and redesign!)
A-1

B-1

C-1

D



Now I ask you to choose.  Which version do you like best? 
Should the charms go between the sections 
OR 
maybe at the top and bottom inside the borders????
I didn't put ALL the options in photo form, 
so if there is a not listed option that you think
will be best, tell me about it.

I  would love to hear your thoughts on this. 

Decisions, decisions!

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

5 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Decisions, decisions! I think I like "D" best - but it's your quilt - do what makes YOU happy! - ;))

Joanne in Massachusetts said...

My first choice is C 1 and then A 1...but I have no color or design explanation to support either choice.
Have fun with your final decision.

DVArtist said...

Hmmmm I see NO mistakes at all. I would choose A or A-1. I love that yellow fabric. Hope all is well with you Gene.

Sherry said...

I like D. But, as someone else said, it is your quilt and needs to please your eye.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

first choice - C-1
Second choice D