Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday Face Off 10-14-22

Guess what I found "hiding" on my wall in a slightly obscure place? Today's Face Off entry: Lonely Cowboy at Sunset. This is a painting from 2011. It started as an abstract/experimental art piece.  Then I decided to use it as a background for a fun painting. 

A great deal of the clothing on the Cowboy was created in the original abstract
work.  I simply added some lines and shading to transform it into the illusion 
of clothing.  At this point I see a few places in the background that could 
use some "tweaking" but I think I will leave him as he is.  
I have grown accustomed to seeing it as it is. 

At this point I do have another quilted face in the works, but I 
have decided to save that one for closer to Halloween. (hint)

I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

14 comments:

roentare said...

That looks like the scream in Van Gough's painting. Dramatic

Gillena Cox said...

Bravo. You pulled out a nice oldie

Much❤love

Tom said...

...I know a few guys that wear cowboys hats, they fall into the "big hat and no cattle" description. Enjoy your weekend.

sirkkis said...

You cowboy looks interesting in the absract world, but where is his 🐎 😆
Enjoy weekend 🧑‍🌾

DVArtist said...

Oh Gene this is brilliant! I am so taken how his clothes fade in and out with the background. Very nicely done indeed. Thanks for joining FFO.

Iris Flavia said...

He looks cute. I look forward to your Halloween-interpretation!

My name is Erika. said...

He does look like a cowboy. Maybe a cowboy who's just come into the big city with all the colors, like lights behind him. Happy weekend Gene.

Christine said...

Nice work!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a FUN painting - LOVE his clothes - hat - and the expression on his face! I'm looking forward to seeing your "Halloween" face - ;))

Barbara said...

Hi Gene! Popping in after some necessary time off. I love this guy as is and even see another figure on the left. The painting has life!

Fundy Blue said...

You are a magician with your illusions. I see a beautiful bird as well as a fun cowboy! Have a good week!

NatureFootstep said...

love your cowboy and the story behind it. It is strange what you can do out of "nothing" just follow the path of instinkt. :)

Earlier today I was testing oilpastels. I have not really used them before. Today I took all of them just moving my hand back and forth to se the colors. Later I was walking by it and I saw a colorful waterfall. :) :) I had no clue that is what I was doing! :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I like this cowboy face ... no tweaking needed. I find when I start tweaking, I usually lose what I liked about the original. I await your quilted face and I am still hoping to get you to do one for me ... just have to figure out which one and then if you are willing and at what cost. Anyway, for now I just continue to enjoy your talent ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Jeanna said...

He is definitely a cowboy and definitely looks a bit lonely....like he lost his pony. Amazing how many faces you already have for this weekly showing. They are your thing, I think.