Friday, October 07, 2022

Friday Face Off Oct 7, 2022

Yes I am posting this "very late" for me.  I was not going to post today, until a certain friend reminded me that I am a part of the core of Friday Face Off. 

Today's face is a very simple face on an art doll that I made many years ago.  
The face is simply two french knots for eyes and an embroidered
line for the mouth. 
The more interesting parts of the doll are her dress made from recycled 
neckties and decorated with a fabric yo-yo in a heart shape.
Then buttons and beads were added for more decoration.
Who says "less is more" I say MORE is more. Ha ha.
That line is stolen from Dolly Parton. 

I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.


At this point I am quite busy with rehearsal for the play I am going to be in.  
I also am trying to keep up with my Spanish classes and later today
I have a zoom class to improve my ukulele playing (hopefully!) 
This class is part of a music festival that moved online during
the pandemic. I am happy that something good came out 
of that chaos. 

Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...what a doll.

DVArtist said...

There she is. A doll after my own heart. I love this! And the clothes OMGosh just beautiful. Thank you so much for taking the time to join in. I knew you have a face hiding out in your art room. :) You are the best Gene. Have a great weekend.

sirkkis said...

I love your doll, Gene ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ‘
Enjoy the weekend ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute doll. Glad you are in a play and busy with your playing.

Christine said...

Nice work

Iris Flavia said...

A BIG wow!
This is so beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

She is fabulous. I love how you made her dress using neckties. I never would have guess that! Have a great weekend Gene. hugs-Erika

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You have been BUSY - thanks for taking the time to share your doll - ;))

Fundy Blue said...

What a sweet doll, Gene! I tried a few ukulele classes when I was in Hawaii last winter. I was terrible, especially as my fingers don't aways move as they should. It was fun though. Good luck with your rehearsals. Have a good weekend!

roentare said...

It really gives a good, pleasant vibe like an nice aunty who loves to give out flowers as presents.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

That is the kind of doll that every young child would call his or her best friend. I agree ... more is more and this is awesome. Glad you are still rehearsing and enjoying. You need to start now finding someone who will record you in the musical so you can share it with us when the time comes. It would seem you know how to enjoy life ... thanks for sharing as it is contagious :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

a cool one. I love her hair and her dress. I would not mind having it mself :)

Jeanna said...

The art doll is very fancy, Gene. I love her little dress.