Monday, October 31, 2022

The Play

Several of you asked for photos or video of the play.  Sadly, I have no video of the show, but I do have a few photos.  Since I am a total ham, I am including a video of me singing my solo. It was recorded the day after the final performance. 

First is one of me, in costume playing my baritone ukulele. 
This is the tableau at the end of the play. 

Here is the video that I prepared so you can hear my song.
Next up is a photo of much of the cast during the song
"The Sword of Damocles" 

And finally two snaps of me in costume with admirers
after one of the shows. 
First up, a total stranger.

Second, a longtime friend whose daughter I have acted with in the past. 
We had a great time performing The Rocky Horror Show 
for the weekend leading up to Halloween.

At the cast party, one of the younger performers told me 
"You have been a constant in my life. I think of you as my grandfather" 
I have mixed feelings. I am mostly honored,
 but it does make me feel really OLD.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


 Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

7 comments:

roentare said...

Haha everyone wants a piece of you in there. Great post

Jeanna said...

Great job, Gene. You have a ton of fans both on and off stage.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, Gene. I love the song. You can sing! And this show looks like it was a blast to be in. I'm glad you shared these.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Great photos! I'm glad you had FUN! I can relate to you feeling OLD - I look in the mirror and see my grandmother - LOL - ;))

Rhonda said...

Looks like you all had a blast!!! Loved your costume.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My son was a grandfather at 52 so all grandfathers aren't old....so it shouldn't make you feel old. It looks like you have a lot of fun.

Vicki W said...

It looks like you had a great time Gramps! LOL!