Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday Face Off 10/20/22

For the October 20 edition of the Friday Face Off, I have decided to share my newest completed face.  This face is created with fabric and then quilted.   I said that I was saving this one until "closer to Halloween."  This week is closer than last week was, ha ha.  I have something else in the works for next week.  However,  I will be quite busy with the play which opens on Wednesday night, so I may not get it completed.  

Without further ado, here is my newest face.  
Yes, she is a bit of a strange one. But, then, you have surely come to expect that 
from me. Other than the two large halves of her face, she is created from scraps 
of pre-fused fabric. I save most of the pieces that seem as if they could 
possibly be useful for something.  I was happy to find enough scraps of 
          green to create all of the spikes of her hair.  As you can see the "shoulders" 
don't extend into a torso as that was all of that fabric that was large enough. 
I expected the frame/border to cover it, but that didn't happen. 
I am not unhappy about it though, I think it adds to the general weirdness
of this piece.  

I am linking up with  DVArtist for the Friday FaceOff.
  Clicking the link will take you to her blog.  It is great fun
 to see how various people interpret the challenge.


Until Next Time,  
Stay Creative 


Comments are welcomed. I will reply when possible. Of course if you are a "No Reply Blogger"- I can not reply. Links in comments will result in the entire comment being deleted.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...her green spiky hair looks like the border of a sunflower. Have a wonderful weekend.

sirkkis said...

You are a master to make your fabric art, love this a lot! I never, ever could use a needle, and what is even worse to me is sewing machine. I am afraid of them :( But I love a photoshop :)
Enjoy the Halloween season!

DVArtist said...

I agree with Sirkkis, you are truly the master of fabric faces. I swear I thought you sewed glass eyes in but it is simply your brilliant way of working with fabric. I love love love this face. Thank you for being a part of Friday Face OFF.

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think she is strange at all. In fact, her face is very lovable. I'm glad it was close enough to Halloween to share this lovely piece Gene. Good luck with the opening of the play.

Marie said...

Hey Gene, I always love to see your creations, I thought you were on my blog but I don't see it, gotta get it there to keep up with your neat work! HAVWE A GREAT DAY. MARIE

Christine said...

Nice work!

Fundy Blue said...

I think your quilted piece is so cheerful and fun! She makes me smile. Good luck with your play this week! I hope you have lots of fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in AWE! I sew paper to paper, but I don't quilt, since I have no feed dogs. This face remind me of a Picasso. She is quirky and quite fun to view.



kwarkito said...

i love it ! he'sa kind of parent of mine

NatureFootstep said...

weird or not, I like her :) :)

roentare said...

Love the colour of the face! Kind of like a new atlas for anatomy textbook

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

She's weird - but she's cute!! - ;))

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What a delight and so unique ... as opposed to weird, though I have to say weird is sometimes a fun way to be. I love your art and your talent with the quilting. I still want to send you a face that you can quilt for me ... is that a possibility? I wouldn't send it until after your play has completed it's season. So exciting that it starts next week. I hope you will have pictures and even recordings to share with us. Have a fun time and ... "Break a leg" as the saying goes ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Jeanna said...

I think she is a fun face, Gene. In the spirit of Halloween, I'd say she could be "Lady Liberty meets Freddy Krueger" LOL. The colors are fabulous. Good luck with the show!